RE: Dynax 500si Problem

#1 von Bernold ( gelöscht ) , 11.02.2003 20:23

Hallo!

Sorry for writing in English, but my German is not very good and certainly not good enough to describe technical issues. I have a problem with my camera (Minolta Dynax 500si) and this seems to be the only place where somebody might know the answer. I have already tried several searches with Google, but haven't found much yet.

The problem is like this:
My camera used to work good. Then, after not using it for some time, it did not turn on anymore, so I had the battery replaced. Then it worked again, but the next time I tried to turn it on, it didn't work. After leaving it for some minutes, suddenly it began taking pictures by itself, then rewinding the film. This happened several times and happens every time I try. In other words, the camera is crazy. It's like the program is messed up. My idea about it is that it was caused by static electricity, caused by trying to blow some dust out of the camera. But I'm not sure about this.

With Google I have found out more people have this problem, but I have not found a solution yet.
Does anybody recognize this problem and know a possible solution? Or does anybody have access to a repair manual? I appreciate any help I can get. It's ok to answer in German. I'll try to figure it out /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Thanks in advance! Vielen dank!

Bernold (tycje&hotmail.com)
Niederlande

Bernold

#2 von Stephan , 11.02.2003 20:47

Hi,

i'm sorry, but i never heard of this problem! Like Minolta or others!
Crazy Cameras - oh good /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Do you believe, that the best idea is to send it to Minolta to repair it, if the cost not to high?

Best regard's

Stephan

Und hier nochmal auf Deutsch, falls mein Englisch zu schlecht ist . . . /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Sorry, aber ich habe noch nie von solch einem Problem gehört, weder bei Minolta noch bei
anderen Systemen!
Verrückte Kameras - Oh Got /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Glaubst Du nicht, es wäre das beste, Du würdest sie an Minolta senden um sie reparieren zu lassen, wenn die Kosten nicht zu hoch sind?

Liebe Grüße
Stephan

Stephan

#3 von Bernold ( gelöscht ) , 11.02.2003 23:25

Danke Stephan,

Also, das war gar nicht slecht /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Too bad you haven't heard of this. I hope anybody else recognizes it. I'm not sure if the camera is still worth it. I know Minolta charges for quite some research costs. So now I'm trying to find out first if it would be easy to fix or not. Preferably by myself. I'm might try to find a similar camera with mechanical problems and combine the two.

Or, otherwise I'll try to find somebody who is looking for some good 500si parts. I haven't used it really much, so it still has a very good lense and... erm... lense caps? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Then I'll buy a nice digital cam or something. But I liked the 500si, so I would first like to try to get it fixed in the first place.

Grüß,
Bernold

Bernold