RE: Michael Reichmann rät Sony zum Sturm

#1 von matthiaspaul , 19.05.2015 23:40

In einer Zeit, in der pro Tag etwa 1,8 Milliarden Fotos ins Internet hochgeladen werden, aber die Absatzzahlen nicht nur für Kompaktkameras sondern auch für DSLRs seit Jahren fortlaufend sinken, ohne daß die Marktführer Nikon und Canon darauf irgendwie nennenswert zu reagieren scheinen, sieht Michael Reichmann großes Potential bei Sony und Fujifilm und deren spiegellosen Angeboten. Er hält den Zeitpunkt für günstig, daß Sony jetzt Kapital aus der Passivität der Marktführer schlägt und mit einem High-End-Modell die Führerschaft an sich reißt.

Aber lest selbst:

http://luminous-landscape.com/rantatorial/no-guts-no-glory/

ZITATNikon’s 2015 financial results shows year-over-year sales to be down 15%, while income is down 12%[/quote]
ZITATCanon is no better off. In Q4, 2014 it was reported that "Canon’s imaging business saw its operating profit fall 6.2% year-on-year". Other companies results are mixed, notably with Sony and Fuji’s imaging activities being better than analyst’s expectations, though still nothing to write home about.[/quote]
ZITATIndeed a recent industry estimate reports that there are 1.8 billion images upload to the Internet each day![/quote]

ZITATSmartphone’s with built-in cameras had sales of one billion units world-wide for the last year for which there are solid figures – 2013. One can only imagine what 2014 was like. There are now more than 2 billion smartphones in use worldwide with the number projected to double over the next few years. This is out of a total world population of about 7 billion.[/quote]

ZITATWhat to do then? I would realize that the smartphone has won, and that salvation for my company and product line lies with specialization and differentiation, and with offering those photographers who are seeking a superior picture-taking experience truly differentiated and therefore desirable products.

The Big Two are, in my view, failing at this. Nikon seems asleep at the wheel, and Canon’s only recent innovation, their 51MP 5Ds, appears to have laid an egg – at least in terms of initial customer excitement.[/quote]
ZITATWhich brings us to the two companies that look like they know what they’re doing – Sony and Fuji.[/quote]
ZITATThinking what I would do if I were Sony – seeing that Nikon and Canon are on the metaphorical ropes, and that my (Sony’s) sales and market share is increasing steadily, is that I would blow the entire wad on a new super-high-end model. Hit the marketplace with the whole enchilada – 36-50MP, in-body sensor stabilization, and 4K video with in-body recording. Kick the competition hard while they’re down with an updated 7 series body. Mirrorless is now 50% of the interchangeable lens camera market in Asia, and growing steadily elsewhere. Sony is in a position of strength in this segment. Capitalize on it, now![/quote]
ZITATWith some recent new G series and Zeiss branded FE glass from Sony, along with Zeiss’ own exciting new Batis lens line, Sony is primed. Introduce a no-holds-bared high-end FE mount model and the community of serious (non-smartphone) photographers will reach into their wallets. Take half measures and dole out the features slowly over time, and Sony will give Nikon and Canon time to breath (if they still are doing so). In other words – wearing my marketing hat, I’d say – hit them hard with all barrels – now.[/quote]

Viele Grüße,

Matthias

"All the important human advances that we know of since historical times began
have been due to individuals of whom the majority faced virulent public opposition."
--Bertrand Russell

http://www.mi-fo.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13448 (Minolta Forum Thread Index)

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#2 von ddd , 19.06.2015 08:37

moin, ZITAT(matthiaspaul @ 2015-05-19, 22:40) [...] Michael Reichmann [...] hält den Zeitpunkt für günstig, daß Sony jetzt Kapital aus der Passivität der Marktführer schlägt und mit einem High-End-Modell die Führerschaft an sich reißt.ZITATI would blow the entire wad on a new super-high-end model. Hit the marketplace with the whole enchilada – 36-50MP, in-body sensor stabilization, and 4K video with in-body recording. Kick the competition hard while they’re down with an updated 7 series body.[/quote][/quote]
offenbar liest Sony Michaels posts ... und packt noch was drauf.

-thomas

wieder da ...

ddd  
ddd

#3 von matthiaspaul , 19.06.2015 13:34

ZITAT(ddd @ 2015-06-19, 8:37) offenbar liest Sony Michaels posts ... und packt noch was drauf.[/quote]
Dann können wir uns ja bald über klassisch "Handwerkliches" von Sony freuen: ;-)

http://luminous-landscape.com/rediscovering-craft/

Viele Grüße,

Matthias, der in den letzten Wochen mehrmals kurz davor war, sich den alten Traum vom 6x6-Format doch noch zu erfüllen...

"All the important human advances that we know of since historical times began
have been due to individuals of whom the majority faced virulent public opposition."
--Bertrand Russell

http://www.mi-fo.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13448 (Minolta Forum Thread Index)

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#4 von Minolta2175 , 19.06.2015 18:54

Michael Reichmann rät Sony zum Sturm..

...der dann aber auch noch gleich das A-Mount wegfegt, damit der Platz sauber ist und zur Schmerzlinderung.

Gruß

Minolta2175  
Minolta2175

4 Milliarden-USD-Investition in Sony-Bildsensoren
"Alpha Mount System"?