RE: Offizielle Ankündigung des Sony Tele 500mm f/4.0

#76 von manfredm , 23.04.2012 11:42

Beide Berichte sind ja vielversprechend, gerade auch das Lob in Sachen AF mit der A77. Dann hoffen wir also auf die A99, die die Macken der 77 los ist!

Gruß,
Manfred

manfredm

#77 von tombe1971 , 23.04.2012 23:02

Wer ist eigentlich dieser"ijsvogel"??

Ist das so etwas wie der "stevemark" der Netherlands?

Wundere mich nur, weil er offensichtlich einer der wenigen ist, der ein solches Objektiv zum Testen bekommen hat.

Grüsse

Tom

tombe1971  
tombe1971

#78 von Reisefoto , 23.04.2012 23:13

ZITAt (tombe1971 @ 2012-04-23, 23:02) Wer ist eigentlich dieser"ijsvogel"??[/quote]

Er hat bei Dyxum (suche mal nach Kingfisher) außerordentlich gute Eisvogelbilder gezeigt und auch sonst eine Reihe sehr schöner Vogelfotos. Er ist schon öfters werbend für Sony UK unterwegs gewesen und ist in NL und natürlich auf Dyxum wegen seiner Eisvogelbilder eine kleine Berühmtheit. Im SUF war er auch mal.

www.reiseundbild.de

Reisefoto

#79 von matthiaspaul , 23.04.2012 23:14

ZITAt (tombe1971 @ 2012-04-23, 23:02) Wer ist eigentlich dieser "ijsvogel"?[/quote]Gustav Kiburg ist ein niederländischer Amateur-Naturfotograf, der sich insbesondere auf Eisvögel spezialisiert hat. Er wird von Sony UK öfters auf Messen eingeladen, um dort seine Werke zu zeigen und so für das Alpha-System zu werben.
ZITATWundere mich nur, weil er offensichtlich einer der wenigen ist, der ein solches Objektiv zum Testen bekommen hat.[/quote]
Nicht zum Testen, er hat das Objektiv gekauft.

Viele Grüße,

Matthias

"All the important human advances that we know of since historical times began
have been due to individuals of whom the majority faced virulent public opposition."
--Bertrand Russell

http://www.mi-fo.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13448 (Minolta Forum Thread Index)

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#80 von fhaferkamp , 24.04.2012 21:17

ZITAt (Reisefoto @ 2012-04-23, 23:13) Im SUF war er auch mal.[/quote]
Aktuell hat er dort auch erste Bilder mit dem 500/4 gezeigt (sind auch bei dyxum zu sehen):
Sumpfohreule_1
Sumpfohreule_2

Gruß
Frank

fhaferkamp  
fhaferkamp

#81 von Ernst-Dieter aus Apelern , 24.04.2012 21:53

QUOTE (fhaferkamp @ 2012-04-24, 20:17) QUOTE (Reisefoto @ 2012-04-23, 23:13) Im SUF war er auch mal.[/quote]
Aktuell hat er dort auch erste Bilder mit dem 500/4 gezeigt (sind auch bei dyxum zu sehen):
Sumpfohreule_1
Sumpfohreule_2
[/quote]
Ja, er versteht sein Handwerk.
Einer der Wenigen , der nicht Nikon oder Canon benutzt!
Ernst-Dieter

Ernst-Dieter aus Apelern  
Ernst-Dieter aus Apelern

#82 von matthiaspaul , 05.05.2012 13:38

Bei Dyxum berichtet nun auch "dbiela" von den ersten Erfahrungen mit dem SAL-500F40G an der DSLR-A900 und SLT-A77V:

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/sony-500mm-f4-...topic87351.html
ZITATBefore moving over to Sony I did own the Canon 500mm f4 IS L lens and have tried the new MKII version. I also shot with both the Nikon 600 f5.6 manual lens and the current Nikon 600mm f4. Having used the Sony 500 f4 for a few weeks now I would say it is sharper then the Canon 500mm at all edges of a full frame camera.
[...]
The lens is sharp right out of the gate at f4 and I like this lens for the shallow depth of field. It does have a very small amount of CA that can show up on very contrasty subjects like the image of the window included but again it was just a very slight amount and +8 of correction on the red/cyan slider in Photoshop camera raw will take care of it. There is a small amount of vignetting at f4. I tend to like how it looks and the vignetting is almost gone at f5.6. At below f8 the lens will start to show signs of diffraction and soften up the image. Focus is fast with both the a77 and a900 and can keep up with a moving object (like a Boeing 747).
[...]
[...]
- 3 mounting holes in lens foot Two 1/4 20 and one 3/8ths holes
[...]
- Smaller in size then both the Nikon or Canon 500mm f4 and lighter then the Nikon 500mm.

Dislike
- No click stops as you rotate the lens/camera from horizontal to vertical on the tripod. So you're not sure of where the horizontal or vertical placement is
- Lens hood - you have to take the cover off of the hood then take the hood off and rotate it around to attached it. ( Its just like the Canon hoods) It takes time to do this and I wish it was built in like some other manufactures have it.
[...][/quote]
Viele Grüße,

Matthias

have been due to individuals of whom the majority faced virulent public opposition."
--Bertrand Russell

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#83 von Reisefoto , 26.05.2012 03:43

dbiela schreibt bei Dpreview:

ZITATI have been shooting with the Sony 500mm for about a month now and recently shot a vintage car race with a fellow photographer at Road America in Elkhart Wisconsin. Some of my thoughts so far, I found the a77 to be a much faster camera to shoot car racing with the 500mm then the a900. The a900 is a great camera but the autofocus has a few issues with focus lock and multiple cars zooming by at high speed. ...

A interesting find, my friend shot with his Canon 500mm f4 IS L lens and a Canon 1D Mk4. My Sony 500mm with the a77 focused faster by a good amount. (I say 30% he said 15 to 20%) and after we looked at both of our images I had more in focus shots then he did of the same cars from the same spot. I found the Sony's focus speed to be impressive. The amount of images in focus is good as well but there could be several reasons that can contribute to this beside the camera speed.[/quote]
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat...mp;changemode=1

www.reiseundbild.de

Reisefoto

#84 von matthiaspaul , 26.05.2012 03:46

Und noch ein paar mehr Beispielbilder mit dem SAL-500F40G bei Dyxum:

http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/first-images-a...topic87935.html

Viele Grüße,

Matthias

--Bertrand Russell

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#85 von Reisefoto , 28.05.2012 14:34

www.reiseundbild.de

Reisefoto

#86 von Reisefoto , 21.06.2012 13:25

Inside the Machine schreibt bei SAR zum Sony 4,0/500:
ZITAT… and only really the 500/f4 lens is more expensive than Canon/Nikon for super-telephoto… the Sony 300/2.8 falls right in line with the Canon IS2 USM, but the Nikon VR2 beats both about $1500.

The new 500 is a beast and is pricey, but it performs nicely. I shot with the SAL500F4 & A77 for a few days last month, and having shot with both the Canon 500 & 600 F4 bazookas it was a very welcome change. Very fast, and more specifically the lightweight handling in the Sony made it more versatile than the Canon in my experience. But for a $2500 premium… not sure I spent enough time with it, but it is really a fabulous lens to shoot with… those professionals who need this lens will buy it.[/quote]
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-lens-co...mm-lens-coming/

www.reiseundbild.de

Reisefoto

#87 von matthiaspaul , 26.06.2012 16:13

Bei dpreview gibt es Bilder von "dbiela" von einem Autorennen:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat...mp;changemode=1
ZITATI found the a77 to be a much faster camera to shoot car racing with the 500mm then the a900. The a900 is a great camera but the autofocus has a few issues with focus lock and multiple cars zooming by at high speed.
[...]
A interesting find, my friend shot with his Canon 500mm f4 IS L lens and a Canon 1D Mk4. My Sony 500mm with the a77 focused faster by a good amount. (I say 30% he said 15 to 20%) and after we looked at both of our images I had more in focus shots then he did of the same cars from the same spot. I found the Sony's focus speed to be impressive. The amount of images in focus is good as well but there could be several reasons that can contribute to this beside the camera speed.[/quote]

"onlybill" schreibt zu dem Objektiv:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat...6602&page=2
ZITATI've had this lens for about three weeks, and use it primarily for bird photography. I have taken something like 10,000 images with the A900 and Sony 1.4x converter. I am very happy with its performance. Clearly overpriced, but it is nonetheless an extraordinary piece of glass that has not disappointed me and, in my opinion, has finally placed Sony in contention with its rivals in the area of wildlife photography.

Compared with the 70-400G, which I consider to be able to create tack sharp images, the 500 F4 ups that a notch to razor sharp, even with the 1.4 x. Detail resolution is extraordinary, and I would conjecture at least equal if not better than Nikon or Canon 500 F4s. Of course sharpness is not the only important factor. For example, being able to resolve detail in low contrast light is very important, and the Sony 500 F4 does very well in that department as well.

The 500 f4 with the A900 is not light, by any means, but can be hand-held with proper technique. Indeed, with target rich environments like bird rookeries, fatigue can become a factor and a tripod is handy, but otherwise not necessary for me.

The extra pound of the Nikon 500 F4 was one reason that kept me away from a Nikon system, and after 1000s of hand-held images with the Sony, not going with the extra weight of the Nikon seems to be a good choice.

AF is extremely fast with almost instantaneous target acquisition, and much faster with the A900 than with any other lenses I own, including the 70-400 G.

With the caveat of birds flying directly toward the camera, which taxes any AF system and benefits from some sort of predictive AF, which Sony does not have, I've had few problems with BIF photography, which is a large part of what I do. Regardless of what camera used, technique and practiced skill are most important with BIF, and the A900/ 500 4f G combination works very well. One other thing, use of a tripod makes BIF photography much more difficult, and being able to hand-hold the equipment is a distinct advantage.

I have also failed to see any significant loss of IQ at higher F stops. Bird photography rarely uses wide open apertures anyway, since often the goal is to at least get the entire bird in focus, while having the background blurred.

To me the big advantage of F4 is allowing the use the 1.4X, which results in 700mm F5.6 with full frame cameras.[/quote]

"peter123" meint:

ZITATi own the sony 500mm f4 lens for a few weeks. This is a very special lens. The focus is very sharp at full aperture f4, the downside they [don't] get any sharper after f4, only get better DOF. [...]
I think the 500mm lens has a few advantages than Nikon and Canon 500mm lens. The sony 500mm has faster focusing and has distance programming ability. Also you can get the best quality image at full aperture, so you can set the shutter speed higher for bird shot. The last thing is lighter than nikon and canon lens.[/quote]

Es gibt aber auch Kritik von "Wyowild" an Sony:

ZITATI got the new Sony 500mm F4.0 G lens as soon as they were available. As others have noted, this is an expensive lens for its class, at $13K. I will withhold my judgement on the performance of this lens until I have tested it under more circumstances. However, I will caution potential buyers to consider other options if an extended warranty is important to you. One would expect the manufacturer to provide additional confidence that their product is reliable for such a large investment. [...]

I was told that Sony would offer an extended warranty at the time I placed my order with Sony, but nothing yet. I have had nothing but difficulty with Sony and their Customer Support personnel on trying to resolve this matter. I was referred back and forth between agents and twice given a fax number to call. The Sony Store folks only sell extended warranties for up to $10K in value. They refer you to the Broadcast and Professional Section, yet this lens is not a professional item in their catalog. I repeatedly was told to contact them about "my camcorder." That group cannot sell you an extended warranty for this lens, despite the fact you can buy an extended warranty for a cinematic camera costing >$20K! I was told that someone from Sony would get back to me only to find out later that they had essentially dropped my request.[/quote]
Viele Grüße,

Matthias

--Bertrand Russell

matthiaspaul  
matthiaspaul

#88 von Reisefoto , 13.04.2013 05:29

Test des Sony f4 500mm bei DxOMark:
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publicati...sted-by-DxOMark

ZITATGiven the price, ... the Sony is an expensive choice. ... Even if at first sight it appears that sharpness is not one of its strong points, it’s at an acceptable level for the current Sony full-frame cameras. As for chromatic aberration, distortion and vignetting, these image-degrading properties are handled quite well, but the 4.3Tstop transmission is disappointing. We’ve not yet had the opportunity to test rival offerings for direct comparison, so the alternatives may not actually perform any better, or be any more suited to higher resolution sensors.[/quote]

www.reiseundbild.de

Reisefoto

#89 von roseblood11 , 13.04.2013 10:00

Was soll das nu wieder heißen?ZITAT"an acceptabe level for current full frame cameras"[/quote]
Mit der Pixeldichte eines 24MP APS-C Sensors wär das Ding dann bei weitem überfordert? Das kann nicht gemeint sein...

roseblood11  
roseblood11

AF Objektiv Minolta an Dynax 60
Frage zum Bokeh / Minolta 50/1,4