RE: Minolta XG-2

#31 von fwiesenberg , 04.11.2006 22:02

Was die Tendenz des optisch sehr guten Kiron 28/2,8 zu verölten Blendenlamellen angeht, habe ich dieses hier im Netz gefunden:

ZITATDuring the 1970s, Kino Precision was one of several manufacturers making Vivitar brand lenses. By the late 70s, they chose to "come out of the closet" and sell high quality lenses under their own name. Kiron lenses were launched in 1980, positioned as a high quality, independently manufactured lens. Kino's advertising agency created some excellent ads. They stressed the lens' computer designed optics, quality materials, precision manufacturing and high tech lubricants. The ads worked. I bought the 80-200/4 zoom and 28/2 wide angle. It was the beginning of a "like, dislike" relationship.
The Kiron lenses were rugged and smooth working. I found them plenty sharp. They fit right in with my Canon FD lenses, accepting 55mm filters. The 80-200 was compact and light, the 28 was bright and easy to focus. My enthusiasm was about to wane, though.
The iris in the 28 quit working when the lens was about two years old. Kiron fixed it under warranty, no questions asked. By the late 80s it quit again, out of warranty! I put it away and bought a used Canon 28/3.5. I really liked the Kiron 28 and wanted it working again so off to the repair shop it went. A few weeks later I picked up the lens and resumed taking pictures. The iris quit again, immediately!! Well everyone has a bad day once in a while. The shop made good on it, no questions asked and it hasn't failed since.
About a year ago I bought another Kiron 28/2 at a very reasonable price. It came from an owner who has purchased three of them on the used market and had iris issues with each!
I figured I could get it working without too much trouble. I was half right! I picked up two junkyard Kiron 28s to experiment on.
The Kiron iris unit is made like a sandwich. A two piece shell envelops the actuator disk and 6 aperture leaves. It is almost totally enclosed. Solvent that gets in does not run or blow out readily. Flood cleaning the assembled unit calls for a very diligent and careful blowing out or a fast evaporating solvent. The first time I tried cleaning one, it stopped working the next day!
Kino's choice of lubricant haunts their reputation. I've had grease related issues with the 80-200 zoom too. Kirons are among the best aftermarket lenses ever made, becoming Cult Classics, but examine them closely before you buy.[/quote]
Quelle: http://www.vermontel.net/~wsalati/CasualCollector/lenses.htm

Das bestätigt meine Einschätzung, daß zumindest diese Objektivbaureihe von Kiron zu Verölungen neigt. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

fwiesenberg

Minolta XG-2 defekt? Verschluss, Belichtungsmesser
Minolta XG-2 mit defektem Filmspannhebel