RE: dyxum: In General : ARW / RAW corruption

#1 von @News@Dyxum@ , 09.05.2007 00:42

Author: rahim
Subject: ARW / RAW corruption
Posted: 09 May 2007 at 00:29

Hi All - interested in your opinions:

I've been using a Trascend 4GB flash card with my A100 and I'm up to around 5000 shots.

I'd never had a problem until last week where I pulled some shots of the camera at work using a friend's USB card reader and attempted to process them with a trial of bibble I downloaded at the time. Bibble crashed on me while reading the ARW files which I put down to being due to a configuration problem on the machine.

When I got home I pulled of the same files as I normally would via my internal (but still USB) card reader. At this point I realised there was a problem with the files as the Sony converter produced a corrupted preview/result for a small number (around 4 of 100 or so), and these same files caused bibble to crash.

At this point I became very concerned there was a problem with my compact flash or worse the camera's controller. I took a stream of shots to try and recreate the problem but didn't succeed. I've since taken around 350 more photos and the problem's not resurfaced.

First of all should I be concerned? I'm hopeful that the problem is with the card reader I'd never used before. Has anyone experienced something similar?

I understand that the Compact Flash has internal contingency for mapping away problem memory locations - could this have occurred?

If anyone's interested I've kept the ARWs for reference.

Edited by rahim - Today at 00:30

Vollständigen Dyxum-Diskussionsfaden anschauen...

@News@Dyxum@  
@News@Dyxum@

| 2002- © so-fo.de | minolta-forum.de |
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz