RE: Minolta SR-T 202 winder/shutter problem-any ideas?

#1 von dev ( gelöscht ) , 22.02.2013 22:23

First of all I would like to apologize because I'm not an German language speaking person. I recently purchased what appeared to be a very good looking Minolta SRT 202. Unfortunately there is a bit of a problem with the winder/shutter mechanism: when I rotate the winder the shutter doesn't become available.

After several attempts I found that I need to move the winder lever another 45 degrees until I hear a little click that seems to engage the shutter. Problem is that this click that makes the shutter available is pretty random and not very controllable.

I'm thinking about opening the upper and bottom covers for further investigation but before I would like to hear your opinions. Once again I'm sorry for using English but I really like the camera and would like to repair it.

dev

#2 von mick , 23.02.2013 19:46

Hi dev,

first of all we´d like to welcome you here in our minolta-forum. :-)

I´m afraid, but I don´t have a quick solution for this problem.
But as far as I remember there are several reports about this kind of problem available.
Please give us a few days to look them up.

We´ll be back on you soon.
Mick

mick

#3 von dev ( gelöscht ) , 23.02.2013 21:00

Thank you for the kind words. I've arrived back home and very anxiously removed the back cover. I have found the problem and also fixed it. In the picture bellow you can see how the lever that normally blocks the shutter button when the film is not winded was blocking the shutter button. It appears that over the time the screw holding that lever got too tight and pressed on the small spring underneath it. After releasing the screw a little bit everything went back to normal. I'm glad it wasn't more complicated because the camera is in great shape and I really want to use it. I will also post some beauty shots in the equipment topic.

[attachment=12430:_DSC2710.jpg]

Angefügte Bilder:
Aufgrund eingeschränkter Benutzerrechte werden nur die Namen der Dateianhänge angezeigt Jetzt anmelden!
 f227t33295p295169n1.jpg 

dev

#4 von monilta , 24.02.2013 11:30

Could this be the solution of my problem, how I it here already once describe has? Or does this have nothing to do with it generally at all?
Könnte dies die Lösung meines Problems sein, wie ich es schon einmal beschrieben hatte? Oder hat das damit überhaupt nichts zu tun?

http://www.mi-fo.de/forum/index.php?s=&...st&p=286208

monilta  
monilta

#5 von dev ( gelöscht ) , 24.02.2013 13:18

My advice would be to remove the bottom cover and see for yourself if the shutter/winder mechanism is working correctly. Its very hard to diagnose the problem with the camera put together.

dev

#6 von dev ( gelöscht ) , 06.06.2013 17:12

Its been a while but I've managed to develop and scan my first film. Unfortunately I'm getting bizarre results when scanning a roll of HP5+, shot at 400, and developed in Rodinal. I've used an Epson V600 for scanning and I've disabled all processing done by the scanner. I have developed the film at the recommended temperature and timings but something appears to be wrong. Most of the time I was using a yellow-green filter or a light orange one. The scans seem to lack contrast and detail.

The shot bellow for example is taken at F5.6, plenty of light with a Minolta SRT 202 + 50mm/F1.7. It doesn't seem sharp enough. Is the camera meter defective or have I screwed the development.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14423730@N08/8948031093/

dev